Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mega-rant-athon

Today I am going to do something different. Rather than just ranting on one subject, I will rant on basically everything that has been bothering me. I might do this in the future, so I will call it the Mega-Rant-Athon #1. Let's get started, shall we?

Space, the Final Frontier

I hate when people call me a nerd when I say I am interested in Astronomy. I don't really understand their logic. They tell me I should do something better with my life than just ponder about the universe, when they are doing something absolutely un-useful for anyone. Sure, try and be an actor, It will surely be worth it in the end. But, it wont.

I think everyone on this planet should do something to help the scientific community. Either by becoming a scientist yourself or donating or something. I hate to break it to you, but the only job that matters right now is being an Astronomer, or being someone that contributes to Astronomers. Rather then spend their life being an actor, being popular or the sort, they are trying to find out answers to the most important questions. In this age of our species' life, we need to start our intergalactic expeditions. Yes, I know it sounds like something out of Star Trek, but we really need to.

This planet is getting used up, and if we don't do anything about it we will use up all of the resources. Science has gotten us to be able to explore our neighbor planets, such as Mars, Venus, the Jovian Giants and such so that's a great start. Science is working on making Mars habitable! Science is going to find out if there is water on Europa! Science is going to help us in our advancement towards the stars.
ET, Phone Home

When I talk about the possibility of life on other planets, people look at me like I'm mad! Because of Hollywood the possibility of life on other planets has been labeled as Science-Fiction when it is closer to the truth than imaginable. The meteorite ALH84001 shows evidence for micro-bacteria that most scientists agree most likely came from Mars. No matter where it came from, the fact still stands, there is life on other planets! No matter if it is just microscopic bacteria Martians or a civilized species like ourselves, life exists outside our little "perfect" planet.

And even if the ALH 84001 meteorite does not have life engraved inside of it, it is extremely stupid to think that life in the universe is impossible. If our planet, earth, formed to be able to be habitable for life why wouldn't other planets form life ours? And we don't know everything about the universe, there might be extraterrestrials that breathe Methane, such as the grunts from the Halo series! Nothing is impossible in the universe.

Rugrats

I absolutely, positively, HATE when people talk to me like I'm five years old. I'm 14, almost 15. I am mature, going through puberty. I make valid arguments and should not be shunned because of my age. Instead of me just being all nice and not telling the names of people I tell my stories, screw it. Sgt. Hartsock, we are still friends but man, I am still pissed about this. In the "WHAT HAPPEND TO THE GOOD OL FORUM?" thread on This Spartan Life I tried to point out, and help solve the problem. You and Downskated needed to sort out your problems before you took the whole forum down with you.

Hartsock, you have a rage-cage inside of you. You have some anger problems. If you read this blog (not likely) I have some advice for you. Make a blog, and rant away. That's what I do! And just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean my advice doesn't matter. This rant is just for Hartsock, so don't comment about it. Only a few people will know what I am talking about in this one. Anyways, onto -

Close-Open-Minded Christians

On the Flying Spaghetti Monster website they have a lovely hate-mail section that gives me so many laughs it's not even funny. While Christians say that they are open-minded about all beliefs, they feel like they need to insult the Pastafarians about theirs. Just read some of these
I feel really bad for everyone who is here and is joking on the one and only true God,who created you, loves you with all His heart and died for your sins so that you could go to heaven and not and unimaginable place of Hell where there is no strip clubs and volcanoes of beer. Hell is a real place, and i guarantee if you were to look down on hell for 30 seconds you would be too sick and defiled and would live your life perfect until you die, regretting every sin you have done in your life. I will pray for all you jokesters who think this life is just for fun, because whether its in this life or after you die, you WILL realize that there is a true God, the only difference is that if you wait until you die you will be spending ETERNITY in Hell, and at that time its to late for forgiveness…….
- T-Jones

Basically, this guy's saying "Pfft, screw your beliefs. YOU WILL END UP IN HELL IF YOU ARE NOT CHRISTIAN!! BLALLGHLGALGLALHRALHLALGLA!" Like some sort of bible-thumping god warrior. Not everyone has to believe in what you believe in, and it is quite rude to tell someone that they are going to hell for not believing what you do. Check out this one -

You’re sad. No hate mail here… just a little bit o’ pity, a melancholy roll of the eyes, quick shake of the head, and quick dismissal of some defiant folks who will have an unbearable eternity ahead. I’m not what you’d call a religious whack job… but the only thing in this life that’s more difficult to believe and conprehend than the story of creation and intelligent design is the one-in-a-google-to-the-google-power possibility that it all happened by chance.

Good luck.
-matt

Here's the old argument that we happened by chance. Of course, if this guy had the IQ higher than a cranberry, he would know that evolution is entirely the opposite. Now to see a very kind-hearted Christian that just wants the best for everyone, check out this -

I cant Belive you complete morons belive in spegehti monster you will burn in hell and you had it comming for being godamned retards.

THERE IS NO SPEGEHTTI MONSTER. But your pathetic site always makes me laugh.
-aaron

This guy had to even start name-calling the poor Pastafarians for their beliefs! I bet your all-loving god told you to do that, too?


Brawl for All
2 rants in this one, both about Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Firstly, what, Sakurai, what is the point of the new delay? I mean, while we have a month added to the release date, the Japanese get just a week? What's the point in that? What is really bad about this delay is that you told us a week from the old Japanese release date. Right when we thought everyone around the world was going to get every single bit of information about Brawl, you take it away from us! Imagine if you just payed off your car, and right when you were about to pick it up a tornado goes and takes it away! Brawl was STOLEN from us.

Secondly, people need to stop bitching about the updates (not including delays). I was sickened when I saw morons all over the web bitching about the Pikmin & Olimar character reveal. Acting like 8 year olds, saying that he is "gay" and the sorts. It is a good character from a good game. Plus, it's not like he is taking up anyone's place on the roster! He's a 1st party character, so megaman, sephiroth, or whoever the hell you want in still has a chance and always had a chance. And, by the way, there will only be 3 third-party characters. All of the rest such as Tails will be assist trophies, as we saw with Grey Fox.

Also, what's with my new count-down thingy on the side of the blog? Why isn't it working?!? Ghah, I don't want to fix it again.


Anyways, that's all with the Mega-rant-athon. I hope you enjoyed it. I sure as hell did.

No comments: