Saturday, March 15, 2008

Curse Words

Most people that come and read this blog are persuaded by myself to come and read it, thus most of the readers are my online friends. When they see strong language they either do 1 of 2 things. 1: They ignore it or simply don't care, or 2: They are shocked and appalled at my "foulness". They insists I should say things like "crap" or "freak" in substitute for "shit" and "fuck". This absolutely confuses me. If they had even gone through a basic elementary English class they would know, as I say, that it's not the spelling that matters, it's the meaning. So however I substitute for curse words, I am essentially saying the same thing, just with different spelling.

This is the internet, and on the internet I have made it of the uttermost importance to make my online life separate from my real life. To do this, I of course go by "Plasmafrag" instead of "Dean", and I use my Spearhead emblem instead of my ugly face as my avatar. In real life, I don't curse as much due to respect for my family members, who would rather not hear such words come out of my mouth. Online however, and especially on my blog, I will talk as I feel like it. Unless rules prohibit me to do so, or in the respect or someone else. If not, I will curse like a sailor and not use phoney words like "freak" instead of "fuck" when they are both going to be used in the same context. I really wish people would stop labeling words as bad. Let's take a vocabulary lesson, shall we?

Fuck - Slang, also used as a verb for sexual intercourse.
Shit - Slang, also used as a noun for feces (non species specific)
Dick - Slang, also used as a noun for a male's penis.
Cunt - Sland, also used as a noun for a female's vagina.

You see, they are all just regular words, some having a definition related to taboo things in life (which I might rant about sometime. look out for a "Taboo, why it's bullshit" rant in the near future.), but they are still just words. What's funny is that these words didn't have the slang meaning they do know years ago but now people are considering these the worst words in existence. What about words like Humbug, which were considered taboo and bad words? You say Humbug in public and no one will care. Labeling words as bad and substituting them for other words that have the same meaning, then telling people to say that instead of this is insane!

Freak when used in a sentence like "Oh, freak" or "I hate that freaking thing!" is the same thing as saying "Oh, fuck" or "I hate that fucking thing!". It has the same meaning as the so called "bad" word fuck.

Shit when used in a sentence like "Oh shit" or "Eat shit and die" is the same thing as saying "Oh crap" or "Eat crap and die". It has the same meaning as the more accepted word crap.

Why can't people just see this? Why are people so blind? Well, I guess for the same reason people believe in things like religion.* People are just fucking stupid.

*Yes, I did have to put a little insult to religion in there just to remind you that religion is stupid. Just in case you forgot. :D

UPDATE:
After thinking about it, I didn't really state my point in this rant. Well, instead of just leaving the point unstated I will tell you it now. Don't label words like fuck and shit bad words but allow us to use words like freak and crap that have the same meaning. It's stupid. If you have to label anything bad at all (labeling is stupid too) just label the meaning of fuck, shit, freak and crap when used in the slang way. And kids, remember to respect your family and use the dumbass words like crap when you're around your family members. Or else they won't stop bitching about how their son curses like a sailor and how they didn't raise their son right and all of that shit.

Until next time.

No comments: